© 2012 . All rights reserved. DestinationXRide&Ducati

Psst. A bit of a huge announcement.

Yes, you read that right. Ducati has decided to support me on my ride/adventure/journey/dream by supplying a Multistrada 1200 S Touring Edition. The bike is currently on it’s way from the Ducati North America Headquarters in Cupertino, CA to the Milwaukee Ducati Dealership where I will be picking it up. The Multistrada is the perfect bike for this ride. I cannot wait to meet her.

A phone pic of Destination X Ride Multistrada 1200 before it was shipped from Ducati North America in Cupertino, CA.

The fact that Ducati North America has seen my dream and is committed to making it a reality has me in complete awe. From the bottom of my heart, thank you Ducati. You have given me much more than a bike. You have given me hope.

The first destination on the ride will be the Pikes Peak Hill Climb in Colorado. Which runs from July 3rd – July 8th. The Ducati Multistrada 1200 has dominated the race since it was introduced. Is definitely the perfect event to kick off the Destination X Ride.

The first phase of the ride will go through early November 2012. During this phase there will be key Ducati destinations like the MotoGP races in Laguna Seca and Indianapolis. I will be weaving in cause related destinations throughout the ride.

A map of the route will be posted to the Navigation page on the website that will give you a better idea of how the ride will unfold. Many of the destinations will come about as the ride pushes on. Which I believe will add to the ride adventure. There will be surprises around every turn. A true adventure.

I will be documenting the ride with photography and video, which will be constantly be posted on this website, the Facebook page and twitter. Modifications to the website are in the works.

There is definitely a need for equipment, gear and funds to make this ride everything it can be. Navigate to the Checklist page on this website if you would like to see a list of the items I will need to for the ride. Also, there is a PayPal Donate button below. It is difficult for me to ask for help. But, it has become apparent that I need to get past that if I’m going to make this ride happen. I just need the proper tools for this ride, nothing too excessive. This ride is about spreading awareness and generating support for the causes. That is priority one.

Thank you so very much to everyone that has shown continuous support and encouragement. You have kept me going and it truly means the world to me. You all are in my heart and I will be taking you with me every mile traveled.

Click button below to donate via PayPal:

1. Posted 14 Jun ’12 at 8:32 pm | Permalink

I AM SO EXCITED FOR YOU!! And proud of you for MAKING THIS HAPPEN!!!! I look forward to seeing all of the photos and documentation of your ride. You are an amazing person and you will truly make a difference and touch many lives during this ride.

• Posted 14 Jun ’12 at 8:52 pm | Permalink

Karrie. You were there from the infancy of this ride idea. Thank you so much for all your support you consistently offered. I will do my darnedest to document the ride as best I can :)

2. lisa
    Posted 14 Jun ’12 at 8:37 pm | Permalink

SO excited… best news EVER!

• Posted 14 Jun ’12 at 8:54 pm | Permalink

Lisa. It is crazy amazing stuff. Thank you so much for all the support and friendship you have offered constantly. And for the emails ;)

3. Posted 15 Jun ’12 at 12:09 pm | Permalink

Thank you so much Betherita. So very kind of you to say. I’m just some guy with a couple rare diseases with an idea. I will do everything in my power to make this ride everything that it can be.

4. John from Comics and Art
    Posted 16 Jun ’12 at 10:25 pm | Permalink

Yeah man it’s time to make this happen!! I’m going to meet you out at one of the stops, bro! I can’t wait until you get started!
    John@Comics and Art recently posted..Lettering a Comic Book – Ragnaroc, Inc. #1

• Posted 17 Jun ’12 at 12:42 am | Permalink

Thank you John. I would absolutely love to meet up with you somewhere along the way.

5. Janet
    Posted 16 Jun ’12 at 10:53 pm | Permalink

The bike is Red!! You have engendered spirit in all of us T, we are a proud, happy, peanut gallery ready to assist at moment’s notice…Congratulations. Could not have happened to a better man with better friends…

• Posted 17 Jun ’12 at 12:42 am | Permalink

Red indeed Janet. Thank you so much for your support :)

6. Janet
    Posted 16 Jun ’12 at 11:09 pm | Permalink

Simply Ginormous!

• Posted 17 Jun ’12 at 12:43 am | Permalink

That it is J :) :) and :)